Monday, December 5, 2016

target inspired feather christmas ornaments

I love Target. I love the bargain section. I love the home decor. I love the clothing. I love the trail mix selection. I love everything. This holiday season I was browsing their Christmas decorations and I discovered some adorable faux leather feather ornaments. I fell in love, but being the cheapskate that I am I couldn't splurge on them. I decided I would try to make some of my own. Here's a comparison between the ornaments at Target and the ones I made. I think they turned out pretty well.


They were incredibly simple to make, and the material list is pretty minimal.


I spray paint my feathers silver, gold, and rose gold. To spray paint, I laid the feathers on a giant drop cloth and carefully sprayed. They light to fly away, but after a bit you get a feel for the distance and angle that works best.


While the feathers are drying you can prep your leather lace. I cut mine to be about 7-8" long. This just depends on how big of a loop you want and if you want any excess showing. One your lace is cut, take a piece, loop it in half, and stick the ends through your bead.


Once your feathers are dry, stick the quills up the bead. Mine fit very snug. If your don't, you can always shoot some hot glue down the bead hole to hold everything together. That's it! It is such an easy project, and you get some fun and interesting ornaments out of it.


I would love to see pictures of the ornaments you have made. Tag me in your Instagram pictures (@ohellehome). Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment