Wednesday, December 7, 2016

gingerbread cookies - make gingerbread men using a box of cake mix

This year I want to make Christmas more Christmas-y, so I made a list. It's not exciting, but I think it will do the trick.

1. Visit Santa
2. Go to Temple Square and see the lights
3. Make gingerbread men
4. Drive around and look at Christmas lights
5. Make a gingerbread house


Last night we checked off our first item. We made gingerbread men. One family member was definitely more into it than the other two.


Elle was a good sport for a bit, but once she ate all of her frosting she was done. Mister made and ate his in a couple of minutes. I decorated the rest.



I did a few Christmas themed cookies.


The family was represented.






As you can see, I was a major contributor to the cookie frosting. Oh well, to each their own. I was a little nervous making gingerbread cookies. Most recipes call for molasses. I've never cooked with molasses. I finally stumbled across a recipe for gingerbread cookies at Cake Whiz that uses a boxed cake mix. It was perfect! It only made a dozen of my chubby gingerbread guys, but that worked out great for our small family.


Gingerbread Cookies


Ingredients:

1 box of spice cake mix
1 large egg
1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
Edible decorations

Instructions:

Head over to Cake Whiz for the baking directions. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment