Sunday, January 1, 2017

what is most important to you?

Elle's blessing day
When I first saw this question I thought I knew my answer immediately, family. As I thought more about it, however, I realized that the most important part of my life is my faith, my beliefs, my religion. To be fair, though, my religion is centered around families.

Who I am, and my actions are based off of my belief system. I love my parents and my family because I know the importance of families in God's plan for me. I respect my parents because it is commanded of me, and I know it's right. Education is important to me. I love learning, and it is because the more I learn the more I see God's hand in everything.

The theory of evolution makes me laugh. With everything I know about the human body and is complexities I cannot fathom the idea that it happened by a single cell splitting over and over again. The big bang theory is just as hilarious to me. This earth is in the perfect condition for life, and you want me to believe it was out if luck? We have a living Heavenly Father that sent His son to create this world for us. That same son came down to Earth later, as a baby boy, and lived a perfect life so he could become our Savior.


My religion has taught me that I am a daughter of God, and that I should live my life in a way that He would see fit. I should serve and love others. I should respect my spirit and my body enough to reserve myself for the man that will become my husband. I should learn more about my Father in Heaven and my brother, Jesus Christ so I can emulate their attributes and become more like them.

I know, through my religion, that there is life after death. I know that I can be with my family forever of I live a life worthy of that blessing. That is why my religion is the most important to me. I want my family forever, and because of my religion I know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment