Wednesday, October 12, 2016

twix cookies


Shortbread cookies are Mister's absolute favorite. For me, they are probably a one on a scale from 1 to 100. I want my cookies soft; I want them chewy. I found this recipe for Twix cookies on Chef in Training. Since I had all of the ingredient in the pantry, I decided to give them a go. I needed a last minute treat for the youth activity I was in charge of and I thought I'd get some brownie points from my husband for making shortbread cookies. I had no idea I was forming a new love connection.

These cookies are heaven sent. They taste exactly like a Twix candy bar, and they are incredibly easy to make. The girls in my youth group raved about them all night, and I saw Mister sneaking some to work this morning. I'm telling you, once you make these cookies your life will never be the same.


Twix Cookies

Ingredients

Shortbread Cookies

1 1/2 cups butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt

Caramel Layer

15 oz caramel (use directions on packaging for melting)

Chocolate Layer

2 cups of chocolate chips (I used semi sweet)
2 teaspoons shortening

Instructions

Head to Chef in Training for the baking instructions. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment